[fusion_text]Square Mile Systems’ CEO – David Cuthbertson will be providing a second free workshop on “How To Map Applications & Infrastructure for GDPR, Change control and Risk Assessment.” In 2018, businesses must comply with the extra data protection regulations set by the government (GDPR), requiring greater control over how personal data is used and managed. It’s not easy to assess any changes required when data dependencies and locations are spread across a complex IT infrastructure. David will show you methods and techniques to help achieve a baseline map of your IT systems, supporting not just GDPR issues but also change control, operational management and risk assessment. This workshop will take place on the 7th November at the BCS Offices in London.
Here are some of the areas we will be covering in the workshop:
- Practical approaches to mapping applications and personal data on hosted and cloud infrastructure.
- Baselining existing IT environments for improved change control and risk assessment.
- Mapping data flows to identify network zones, protocols and encryption.
- Automating the creation and update of multiple sets of Visio diagrams showing shared dependencies of servers, databases and applications.
- Combining data from sources such as discovery, CMDB and monitoring systems to minimise workload.
- Linking between assets, physical configuration and logical configurations.
- How IT system information can be re-used for cyber security, environment management, PCI compliance, CoBit, business continuity and other management controls.
The workshop will be interactive and informal with the presenters willing to help with delegate questions. Both sessions will follow up with a buffet lunch for delegates to network and discuss the topics covered.
If you want to know the easy ways to map your environment to support GDPR and other compliance needs, then this event will provide you with ideas, options and a good awareness of what is possible.
Places are limited so don’t miss out! To register for either workshop, simply use the contact form on our website.